Microsoft Hyper-V Manager allow users or administrator to manage Hyper-V server as well as the Virtual Machines running inside the Hyper-V server.
In this article, I am going to show you how to create a Virtual Machine in Hyper-V by using the Hyper-V Manager. You can run Hyper-V Manager from Windows server 2012 or Windows 8 Desktop.
3. In the next screen, which is the New Virtual Machine Wizard opening screen, just click “Next” to continue.
4. Enter the name of the new Virtual Machine you are planning to create. If you do NOT want to place the new Virtual Machine configuration files to the default directory, you can change it now. Otherwise, click “Next” after you enter the Machine name.
5. Enter the amount of system memory you like to allocate to the new Virtual Machine. Click “Next” to continue.
6. Select the Virtual Switch from the “Connection” drop down box. If you have not create a Virtual Switch yet, you need to do it before creating a Virtual Machine in order to have network access. Once you select your Virtual Switch, click “Next”.
7. Create/Connect to a Virtual Hard Disk. In this step, you can create a new Virtual Disk or connect to an existing disk. Choose the option you need to click “Next”. In this example, I need to create a new Virtual Disk.
8. For other installation options such as the CD/DVD ROM Drive. You can define it in this screen. I am going to install Windows 8 Desktop operating system for this Virtual Machine with an ISO image. So I choose “Install an operating system from a boot CD/DVD-ROM and then click the browse button to locate the Windows 8 ISO file.
11. In the Summary screen. Double check and make sure everything is correct. If yes, press “Finish” to proceed the installation.
12. That should bring you back to the Main screen of the Hyper-V Manager. And you should see the newly created Virtual Machine listed under the Virtual Machines List. Right click the Virtual Machine and choose “Start” to power up the Virtual Machine.