If the server you are using supports PXE boot, you can install or re-install your server operating system by booting to the Cybercon Server Utilities via PXE boot.
1. Once the server boot to the Cybercon Server Utilities via PXE boot, you can select Client Area from the menu. Please noted that entering the Client Area and using the utilities available in that area may cause data loss in the server (Such as clean OS reinstallation). Proceed only if you are 100% sure you do not need any data from the server or you have data backup in a different location outside the server.
2. In order to access the client area, you need to enter the word acknowledge as password to confirm that you understand the risk of losing data when performing OS installation.
5. For 64bit Microsoft Windows Server such as Windows Server 2008r2, choose HP SmartStart Version 8.7 (64bit)
6. That should launch the HP SmartStart utility. In the first screen, select English for the preferred language and US English for current keyboard. Of course, you can choose other available language and keyboard based on your own preference. Click Next to continue.
10. Navigate to the desire Windows version and check it. In this example, we will check the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, Web Server x64. Click Next to continue.
11. For Select where you would like to install the OS from, choose Network File Share. And choose CD/DVD Archive file (.ISO) for Select operating system media format. Click Next to continue.
12. Choose eth0 for the Network Device along with DHCP. And enter the rest of the Network share information as follow.
Server Name: eaglessmb.cybercon.net
User name: client
As for the password, please contact Cybercon support team
Once you fill out the information, click Next.
14. Select the corresponding ISO file. In our case here, we select Win2K8_R2_standard
_enterprise_datacenter_web_x64.iso. Please note that you need to have a Product Key to activate the Windows Server after the installation. The Windows server will stop functioning after a short while if you do not activate it.
15. Choose the Disk Partitioning scheme you prefer. In our example here, we choose the entire drive with NTFS file system. Click Next to continue.
16. In this screen, you need to enter the server information such as Server name, Administrator password etc. Once you finish entering the information, click Next.
17. In the next screen, the HP SmartStart installer will ask you if you need to install SNMP and the HP Insight Management WBEM Providers for Windows. In our example, we choose No for both questions and click Next.
18. Now, the installer will ask you how you like to install the server driver support pack. Just choose Express and click Next.
19. At this point, we are about to install the Server OS. Please review the installation information and see if everything is correct. If yes, click Next. Otherwise, you can choose Exit to stop the installation or click Previous to modify the settings.
20. The HP SmartStart will partition the disk and format it follow by copying the necessary files to the server for the installation.
21. At one point, the HP SmartStart installer will prompt you to accept the Microsoft Windows License. You can check the check box and click Accept or ignore it this time. If you do nothing at this point, the installer will continue the installation and Windows will prompt you to accept the License at a later time.
22. Once the require files are copies to the server, the server will reboot and the Windows installer take over the installation. The server will reboot one more time to the log on screen.
24. As this is the first time you log in to the newly installed Windows Server, therefore the HP SmartStart installer initiate the driver and utilities installation. In order to complete the process, the server will need to reboot one more time.
26. Your Microsoft Windows Server installation is now finish. However, there are couple other tasks need to do.
27. First, we need to bind an static IP address to the server. To do so, right click the Network icon at the lower right hand corner of the screen then choose Open Network and Sharing Center.
29. Right click Local Area Connection and choose Properties.