Some of the Dedicated Servers provided by Cybercon are able to install the Operating System (OS) via the network. For those servers, there is an option of installing the OS from a pre-built template. With that option, the time require to install, patch and update the OS is significantly lowered. If that feature is available to your Dedicated Server, you can setup your server with the pre-built template by following this procedures. If your Dedicated Server do not have it and you are interested in getting it, please contact Cybercon Sales department for more information.
Here are the steps for installing Windows Server 2012 from a template.
2. Once you boot to the Main menu, use your up/down arrow keys and navigate to Client Area and hit Enter. In order to go to the Client Area, you need to enter the word “acknowledge” to acknowledge that tools inside the client area COULD ERASE DATA ON THE SERVER HARDDISK(s). If you are not sure if you have important data you need to save in the server hard disk, you should STOP NOW AND REBOOT THE SERVER.
6. The system will boot to a Windows environment and run the installation script. It will first partition the boot drive and then apply the template image to the partitions.
7. After the template image is deployed to the server, it will restart by itself. PLEASE DO NOT REBOOT THE SERVER MANUALLY. Just wait for it to reboot by itself.
8. The server should restart and boot to the Windows 8 screen and wait for the user to accept the License.
9. Now, we need to customized the Windows 8. Select the main color and enter the name for the computer. Click Next to continue.
14. Once you see the Default Windows 8 Start screen, move your mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen. A side bar will appear from the right side of the screen. Click the “Search” icon on the bar.
16. A Windows Activation screen will pop up. Enter the Product key and click “Activate” to continue.
17. Once you correctly enter the Windows Product Key and click the activate, Windows 8 should report back with “Thanks, you’re all done”. If you have issue activating the Windows, please check your product key, you internet connection. Also, make sure the date and time is set correctly.
18. Once the Windows is activated, right click the little network icon on the lower right hand corner of the Windows Desktop and choose “Open Network and Sharing Center”.
21. Windows 8 default at “Obtain an IP address automatically”. Cybercon Dedicated Server in the Blade server group should work with this settings without any issue, however, it is better to assign a static IP address and DNS servers info to the network interface permanently. It is because your server/PC will not rely on Cybercon provided DHCP server to function.
26. In the System Properties screen, click the “Remote” tab and choose “Allow remote connections to this computer”. If you are using a older Windows Desktop machine, you may need to uncheck “Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended)”. Click OK to continue.
27. Now, click “System and Security” from the top navigation bar “i.e. Control Panel > System and Security”. Click “Check for updates” under Windows Update section.