1. Log in to the CentOS via console.
2. Change directory to /etc/sysconfig/
3. Add the gateway information to the file network. You can use a text editor such as nano or vi to edit the file.
The network file should look similar to this
Please note that your gateway and hostname should be different from the above example. Once you finish adding the GATEWAY line, save the file and exit.
4. Next, you need to modify the Ehternet interface 0 file located at /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
Again, your IPADDR and NETMASK settings may be different from the above example. Once you finish editing the file, save it and exit.
5. The next file you need to modify is resolv.conf located in /etc/resolv.conf
Add the following 2 lines to the file.
Please check the welcome email you received from Cybercon for the name server IP address. Yours may not be 22.214.171.124 or 126.96.36.199. Once that is done, save the file and exit.
6. After you modify all the above files, you need to restart the network. You can do so by issuing the following command.
service network restart