If the server you are using supports PXE boot, you can install or re-install your server operating system by booting to the Cybercon Server Utilities via PXE boot.
1. Once the server boot to the Cybercon Server Utilities via PXE boot, you can select Client Area from the menu. Please noted that entering the Client Area and using the utilities available in that area may cause data loss in the server (Such as clean OS reinstallation). Proceed only if you are 100% sure you do not need any data from the server or you have data backup in a different location outside the server.
2. In order to access the client area, you need to enter the word acknowledge as password to confirm that you understand the risk of losing data when performing OS installation.
7. There are 4 choices in the CentOS Linux ver 6.3 Menu. Choose between 64bit and 32bit. If you want to customize your own installation, please choose Normal Install, otherwise, select Quick Install. In our example here, we choose Quick Install (64bit)
8. If the storage disk you are planning to install CentOS to is blank, CentOS installer may prompt you a Warning message. All you need to do is choose either Re-initialize or Re-initialize all.
9. In the next screen, the CentOS installer will ask you to enter the root password for the server. Just enter your desire root password twice and choose OK to continue.
10. In the next screen, the CentOS installer will ask you how you like to partition the drive. Typically, choose Use entire drive and then hit OK to continue
11. The CentOS installer will partition your drive and format the partition. It depends on the size of the drive/partition, it may take some times.
13. After the Package Installation, the Installer will run the post-installation scripts. And that includes updating the OS from the Internet directly.
15. Once the server finish rebooting, it will launch the first time boot setup screen. You can customize the firewall and keyboard configuration here as well as the System services. The most important is the Network configuration. So choose Network configuration and hit Run Tool.
18. Remove the check mark in Use DHCP and enter the Static IP, Netmask and Default gateway IP based on the IP information obtained from Cybercon. For Primary DNS server, you can enter 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199. Hit OK when it is done.
20. Enter the server and domain name in the Hostname area. The name you enter here will be the name of the server. Hit Ok when it is done.